[wingide-users] is there any pi-files for pyqt4?

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Thu May 29 08:15:47 MDT 2008

lotrpy wrote:
> can't search satisfactory result from google. may it be translated
> from PyQt's document
> (http://www.riverbankcomputing.co.uk/static/Docs/PyQt4/html/modules.html
> or a local copy after installation).
> after a negligible try, don't how to handle these types such as "enum"
> except 'class' and 'method/function'.

PyQt4 code completion should work if the necessary Python Path is set up
in  your Project Properties in Wing.  It may be that some things will be
missing because I believe it relies on introspecting the extension modules
and that does not e.g. have access to argument names and probably not
enums.

You may already have done everything needed, but the following may be
useful if you haven't already seen it:

https://wingware.com/doc/howtos/pyqt

It should be possible to write something similar to the pygtk_to_pi.py
script that comes with Wing 3.1.1+ in src/wingutils/pygtk_to_pi.py, by
parsing whatever interface descriptions PyQt provides to generate
more complete *.pi files.  If you try that, please don't hesitate to
ask any questions you may have.