[wingide-users] Debugging overridden Stackless Tasklets

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Tue May 27 09:28:17 MDT 2008

Simon Pickles wrote:
> Ubuntu Hardy 8.04 x64
> Python 2.5.2 Stackless 3.1b3 060516 (release25-maint:63223, May 14 2008,
> 20:29:45)
> [GCC 4.2.3 (Ubuntu 4.2.3-2ubuntu7)]
> Wing IDE personal 3.1.1-1 (rev 18164)
>
> WingIDE has been working really well debugging stackless tasklets now.
>
> I have, however, come across a small problem I hoped you might be able
> to help me with.
>
> If I extend stackless by inheriting from a tasklet, the debugging no
> longer works. Here is an example program, two tasklets are run, one
> using stackless.tasklet, the other using stacklessPlus.NamedTasklet (The
> create function switches back to stackless.tasklets if no name is
> supplied):

This is caused by overriding __call__, which Wing replaces with a wrapper
when the debugger is started, in order to make sure that new tasklets are
debugged.

One way to make it work is to come up with another way to do the wrapping
other than to override __call__, or have your __call__ invoke the old
__call__ instead of replacing it completely.

If that doesn't help, please let me know.  I'll see if there's some way
we can avoid this problem, tho I'm not yet sure there is.

Thanks (and sorry for the delay in replying; long weekend / holiday here).