[wingide-users] Open Multiple Projects

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Fri May 23 07:28:31 MDT 2008

Wingware Support wrote:
> Michael Foord wrote:
>> Wingware Support wrote:
>>>
>>> Currently the way to open multiple project is to open a separate copy of
>>> Wing for each.  We'll probably add a way to open multiple projects in
>>> the future.
>>>

>> Where do you configure whether wing allows multiple copies to be open?
>> I switched it off a while ago and now can't find the preference
>> setting to reset it...
>
> You probably added --new to the command line that is used when you
> open a project.  That would be in the registry in the HKCR area
> under WingIDE.Project\shell\open\command

Sorry that's not quite correct.  What you want now is --new but
what you probably have is the default behavior of Wing, which is
to reuse the existing instance of Wing to open a new project.

If you did change something, it may have been the command used by
whatever short cut you have set up.  You may have added --reuse there
to avoid ever opening a second copy of Wing.

We don't seem to have a preference to control this.