[wingide-users] OS X: Right command/option key woes

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Tue May 20 11:33:01 MDT 2008

Pete wrote:
> On Leopard/latest Wing, the right Command & Option keys don't work
> correctly.  The command key does nothing (you just get a regular letter)
> whereas the option key seems to kick into an alternate entry mode -
> option-p gives a pi symbol, for example.  I've tried with the "Fix
> option key bug in tiger" both on & off, restarting X11 in between.
> I'm using Xquartz 2.2.1 - (xorg-server 1.3.0-apple20) from macforge, as
> suggested on this list. Sent this to the mailing list b/c it may be an
> X11 issue...  anyone?

I think Xquartz has changed some things to act like normal X11 instead
of Apple X11, tho at the moment I'm at a loss to completely explain
it (and that may be a good thing ;-).

Anyway, the magic incantation that should fix it is:

Go into Wing's preferences, set the User Interface / Keyboard /
Global X11 alt key preference to "No alt key / not Apple X11",
press OK, quit Wing, quit X11, and restart Wing.

I've only got Leopard on a Macbook that lacks a right Option key
but the above does fix the right Command key for me when before
it acted as you described.

If this doesn't help, please let me know.