[wingide-users] __import__ 64bit package in Wing

John Burnett JBurnett at blizzard.com
Wed May 14 18:54:47 MDT 2008

I know I'm too much of a n00b to be doing this, but I'm trying to do the
following as a command (i.e. I have the equivalent of this in my scripts
dir):

####
def doSomething():
    module = __import__("package")
####

...and when I run "doSomething" via "Edit, Command by Name", I get this:

####
Error::Error executing script
Runtime failure details:
Exception: "<type 'exceptions.ImportError'>"
Value = 'DLL load failed with error code 193'
Traceback:
  File "C:\src\ide\bin\2.5\src\command\commandmgr.pyo", line 784, in
Execute
####

The error code 193 is the interesting bit (seems to be the equivalent of
"corrupt exe").  After a bit more digging, I have a feeling that it's
because the package I'm importing is dependent upon some 64bit libraries
(I'm running 64bit Vista).  I can run the above code just fine in the
python shell tool in Wing, but that's running a 64bit build of python.

Am I SOL until there's a full 64bit build of Wing?  If so, any ETA? :)