[wingide-users] Executing external program

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Mon May 12 14:55:39 MDT 2008

Hi,

Most likely you want to use the OS Commands tool to run your commands.
Are you referring to the OS Commands tool becoming visible when you run
something or an external cmd window / xterm?

To answer your question about the scripting api:
> However, when I try to do something along those lines, I always get an
> error in wingapi.py at the line "import edit.editor".

Are you seeing this when you run a script within Wing or are you trying
to import wingapi outside of Wing?  wingapi must be used from a script
and won't work outside of Wing.