[wingide-users] wingdebugpw

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Tue May 6 19:08:03 MDT 2008

Tony Cappellini wrote:
> Under Windows XP....
>
> Does this file (wingdebugpw) need to be in the directory of the project
> that you are debugging, when launching your project from the command line
> and "catching" the process with Wing?

If the code that imports wingdbstub is the same user as is running the
IDE then both should find it in your User Settings Directory (5th item
in your About box in Wing).  If they differ, it should be in one of the
directories listed in kPWFilePath in wingdbstub.py.

By the way, be sure to copy wingdbstub.py from the IDE installation
you are running.  One possible cause of failure (which constantly
happens to me) is using an old one from another Wing IDE dist or
version.