[wingide-users] Debugging a Python executable (py2exe)

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Tue May 6 19:05:33 MDT 2008

Tony Cappellini wrote:
> There seems to be a typo in the Wing docs- regarding py2exe
>
> EXTRA_PYTHONPATH=\Python25\Lib\site-packages\py2exe\samples\simple\dist
>
> Why does the sample directory need to be in EXTRA_PYTHONPATH?

This is probably a typo.  It could be we listed the samples because we
were using those to work out what is needed.  I'm not real familiar
w/ py2exe, however.

If you're still having problems w/ this it's probably best to set
kLogFile in wingdbstub and see what output you get there.  It
sounds like it's never even connecting back to the IDE.  Also,
check that Enable Passive Listen is on in the IDE (click on the
bug icon in lower left).