[wingide-users] Re: Tabs in Alphabetical Order

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Mon May 5 07:50:52 MDT 2008

Marcin Kasperski wrote:
>> Is it possible to move the file tab positions.  My thought process when
>> developing is to put the highest level modules/classes in front (to the left)
>> and their children to the right.  Because I can not order them myself I am
>> often notice myself having to search for a particular file in the tab bar.
>> This ruins my thought process when you are deep into coding and jumping between
>> files.
>
> Consider hiding tabs altogether and using the drop-down menu instead.
> This one is sorted alphabetically.
>
> PS In emacs personality C-x b <initial-letter of the name>Tab works perfectly.

As far as finding files or switching to other files:  In Wing 3.1 there's also
the Open From Project feature, which is a quick way to access files via the
keyboard -- use the key binding shown in the File menu then type a fragment.

Also, the command name for the emacs feature noted above is switch-document,
in case you want to try it w/ a custom key binding.