[wingide-users] More OS X whining

Pete pfein at pobox.com
Fri May 2 09:42:29 MDT 2008

On May 2, 2008, at 9:55 AM, Joe McCrate wrote:
> And make me a third.
>
> - Joe

I hate to me too, but me too.  I'd settle for a native GTK port - X11
is clunky & just doesn't integrate very well with the rest of OS X's
GUI.

In the short term, the keybindings could use some improvement.  Most
pressing is that the unadorned function keys are used by OS X for
various window control features (expose & the like). There are a
number of other conflicts & inconsistencies (Cmd-N by default seems to
open an xterm) A menu-activation key would be really helpful too (Ctrl-
F2 does this for native apps).

Finally, I get this message on starting:

Please make sure that your X11 server is configured to let Command
keys be processed by X11 programs and not by the X11 server.This is
necessary when using Wing's OS X keyboard personality. If you want the
X11 server to process Command keys, you must select a keyboard
personality other than OS X in Wing's preferences.

There's no such preference on leopard.  The closest thing is:

Enable key equivalents under X11
When enabled menu bar key equivalents may interfere with X11
applications that use the Meta modifier.