[wingide-users] Native Cocoa GUI for OSX - when?

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Thu May 1 17:38:35 MDT 2008

JZ wrote:
> Do you have any plans with preparing WingIDEPro for OSX Leopard using
> it's native, Cococa GUI? Current WingIDE version, based on X Server,
> looks very ugly. This is my main reason why I do not use WingIDE too
> much.

We understand that the use of X11 on Mac OS X is a real issue for a
number of reasons, including its appearance, integration with the
system, and bugs in recent X11 for OS X releases.  The plan is to
eventually release a version that does not require X11, probably by
using the native gtk port to the Mac.

This is a substantial undertaking and I do not know when this will
happen.  We also try not to preannounce release plans & dates in general
because a lot of things can and do happen before the release.

Cheers,