[wingide-users] Project directories are too smart

Mike Shepanski mjs7231 at gmail.com
Thu May 1 14:27:06 MDT 2008

A workaround I setup today is to create a bunch of symlinks in a 'Project'
directory on disk.  This allowed me to get a nice top-level view of only the
directories I want to see.  I wrote a generic little Python script that will
do it for me, maybe someone else can fine it useful as well.
import os
    "top_level_dir1":       "/dir1/acls",
    "top_level_dir2":       "/dir2/foobar",

class ProjectBuilder:

    def createProject(self):

    def removeSymlinks(self):
        """ Delete all Symlinks in the current directory. """
        for filename in os.listdir("."):
            if os.path.islink(filename):

    def createSymlinks(self):
        """ Create the new Project Symlinks. """
        for filename, linkpath in TOPLEVELDIRS.iteritems():
            os.symlink(linkpath, filename)

if (__name__ == "__main__"):
    builder = ProjectBuilder()

On Thu, May 1, 2008 at 3:53 PM, Wingware Support <support at wingware.com>