[wingide-users] Project directories are too smart

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Thu May 1 13:53:33 MDT 2008

Mike Shepanski wrote:
> What I want is for project and source to be top level directories, thats
> where my files are.  However, Wing creates a single tree stemming from
> /apps because its the lowest common folder.  This forces me to dig deep
> down into the trees, very slow and unproductive.

Hmm, this is a good idea and I'll see if we can implement it by making
each directory added a separate top level item.  Currently you might try
using the view as flattened tree option or saving your project file to a
different location.

The location of the project file is significant because Wing treats the
directory that it is in as the primary directory and shows paths as
relative to it.  We do want to allow users to specify another primary
directory in the future so the project file does not need to be in it.

Cheers,