[wingide-users] Project directories are too smart

Pete pfein at pobox.com
Thu May 1 13:29:24 MDT 2008

On May 1, 2008, at 3:10 PM, Tom Stambaugh wrote:
>> What I want is for project and source to be top level directories,
>> thats
>> where my files are.  However, Wing creates a single tree stemming
>> from /apps
>> because its the lowest common folder.  This forces me to dig deep
>> down into
>> the trees, very slow and unproductive.
>>
>> What are my options here to get a better experiance?
>
> I choose a name for the project file that reminds that it IS a
> project file (lie "project1.wpr"). Then, create that project (and
> write that project file) in the root directory for that project. In
> your example above, like this:

I think i've reported this before, but the fact that Wing displays
project paths as relative to the .wpr file is really lame.  It
basically forces me to store the .wpr  with or one dir up from the
source code (or deal with several useless entries in the tree).  I'd
rather store all my project files in one place, regardless of where
the code actually lives.

Beyond that, +1 to disjoint directories in the same project.