[wingide-users] Tabs in Alphabetical Order

Tom Stambaugh tms at zeetix.com
Thu May 1 13:13:04 MDT 2008

> Is it possible to move the file tab positions.  My thought process when
> developing is to put the highest level modules/classes in front (to the
> left) and their children to the right.  Because I can not order them
> myself
> I am often notice myself having to search for a particular file in the tab
> bar.  This ruins my thought process when you are deep into coding and
> jumping between files.

I know the rest of the Wing world will reject what I'm about to write, but
I'll try anyway.

I think hierarchically the same way you seem to. There is a preference
setting (Edit->Preferences...->User Interface->Layout) in which you can
change the "Windowing Policy" to be "OneWindow per Editor".

This puts each module in its own window, and you can then stack them (as I
do) in hierarchical (or other) order. The project pane gives you a place to
locate each module in the project directory. This is about the best I've
been able to manage.

My own preference is to someday have a tree-structured class browser (like
Smalltalk), but I'm out of step with the larger WingIDE community in that
idiosyncracy.

Thanks,
Tom S.