[wingide-users] Project directories are too smart

Mike Shepanski mjs7231 at gmail.com
Thu May 1 12:05:45 MDT 2008

I am trying to add several directories to my Project drawer.  The problem is
that each time I add a new directory, Wing seems to look for the lowest
common directory shared in their paths and combine them into one.  This is
rather annoying as it now requires me to dig 8 or more directories deep to
get to something I wanted at the top level.

For example:
Suppose I wanted to add two directories:
 /apps/project1/webui/project/...
 /apps/project2/product/source/...

What I want is for project and source to be top level directories, thats
where my files are.  However, Wing creates a single tree stemming from /apps
because its the lowest common folder.  This forces me to dig deep down into
the trees, very slow and unproductive.

What are my options here to get a better experiance?