[wingide-users] Simple socket type?

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Mon Jun 30 06:51:11 MDT 2008

Marcus Low wrote:
>    def CheckIfPCIsValid (pcip) :
>   sock = socket.socket(socket.AF_INET, socket.SOCK_STREAM)
> When i move the mouse to "sock" it says "cannot determine type". I
> purchased a pro version of the WingIDe, i am surprised something like
> this didnt work .
> Is there anything i can do to tweak this?

You could add this as a work-around:

assert isinstance(sock, socket.SocketType)

The issue is that Wing is failing to parse all of the line in socket.py
that reads "socket = SocketType = _socketobject".  We'll try to fix this
soon; it's only an issue in newer Python versions it seems as socket.py
was different earlier.

Thanks for the bug report!