[wingide-users] Re: Anonymous bookmarks

Avner Ben avner at skilldesign.com
Thu Jun 5 08:09:09 MDT 2008

I had rather have simple anonymous bookmarks. I am using such frequently
on other programmer's editors. The current Wing bookmark system,
introduced not long ago, is useless for me. It takes too long to mark
one, and then you must think of a name! Better give it up altogether.
Actually, I should be using the navigate backwards/forwards keys (which
I do), but this facility is mechanical and lacks intelligence, so it
only partially reliable. For example: it unwinds the course taken by the
incremental search, character by character, which is definitely not what
I (or anyone in his right mind, for that matter) would want. And
sometimes it just does not go where I would expect it to.
So, a simple and honest point-and-shoot nameless bookmarking facility
would be welcome!

    Avner.