[wingide-users] bug in Vi yank and paste

Michael Hipp Michael at Hipp.com
Wed Jun 4 21:35:39 MDT 2008

Michael P. Soulier wrote:

> I used some very common keystrokes from Vim.
>
> V to highlight entire lines
> j to move down so two lines are highlighted
> y to yank the two lines
>
> I then changed tabs to another buffer, and hit p to paste those two
> lines. All I got was a semicolon. Odd as there isn't one in my code that
> I could see.
>
> Seems like a bug.

I've been very annoyed by this also.

Seems like Wing has two "clipboards". One for when you select with the mouse.
Another for when you select using visual mode.

There are other areas where using the 2 different methods to select text lead
to oddly inconsistent behavior.

I vote it a bug. :-)

Michael