[wingide-users] Enhancement: List/Goto caller (Goto sourcereverse)

Mateusz Biliński mateusz.bilinski at gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 08:49:45 MDT 2008

On Wed, Jun 4, 2008 at 4:42 PM, Wingware Support <support at wingware.com> wrote:
>> [...]
>> If it's possible to go one way. Then it's possible to go back again.
>
> Unfortunately that's not really true -- finding the point of defn starting
> from one use of a symbol doesn't mean you can also then find all the other
> points of use.  E.g. they may not be on the Python Path or in the project
> that Wing is supplied with.

There are also situations where we can't find definition of a symol
(due to Python's nature). Actually I would be mostly interested in
seeking 'usages', in current Project, of classes/methods defined in
current project. So, in my case this would be a scope would be pretty
'local'. I know it's not very 'general', but it would cover about 90%
of my searches for 'usages'.

> We do plan to add this kind of feature (me wants! me wants! ;-) but the
> issue
> of not finding some uses is certainly there.

Yes, there is, but in my case this is a very small percentage of
every-day coding.

Great, that you plan to add this feature :)

--
Mateusz Biliński