[wingide-users] PyLint Panel and WingIDE 3.1

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Mon Jun 2 21:48:47 MDT 2008

Mateusz Biliński wrote:
> Hi.
> I have a problem with using PyLint panel in WingIDE 3.1
> (Professional). It simply doesn't work. :)
>
> When I indicate 'Update' from context menu only 'zeros' (exactly it
> is: '(0)' ) appear after each tab title (Errors, Warnings, Info). But
> this only happens when running update for the first time. After that
> any 'Update' results in nothing. There are not even messages in
> 'Messages' panel.
>
> Does anybody has this integration working?
>
> __Details__:
>
> Wing IDE version: 3.1.1-1 (rev 18164)
>
> #  pylint --version
> pylint 0.14.0,
> astng 0.17.2, common 0.28.2
> Python 2.5.2 (r252:60911, Apr 21 2008, 11:12:42)
> [GCC 4.2.3 (Ubuntu 4.2.3-2ubuntu7)]
>
> #
> # PyLint Panel Configuration
> #
> command = /usr/bin/pylint
> args = --enable-ids=y --enable-classes=y
> timeout = 30
> autosave = 0
>

> Thanks for help in advance.

--enabled-ids and --enable-classes are invalid arguments in pylint 0.14.0

Commenting out that line in your config should make it work -- sort of.
On top of that, it looks like pylint's output has changed so the script in
scripts/pylintpanel.py needs modification to parse that properly.

The solution is possibly to use the newer --output-format=parseable option
and modify the script to parse that.  Hopefully that will remain constant
into future releases.

Ignoring the number immediately after the E, W, etc, may also be enough
to get it working.  I can't look at it right now in more detail but
adding print statements in scripts/pylintpanel.py and looking at Wing's
Messages tool's Scripts channel may be enough to figure out how to fix it
if this is an urgent problem for you.