[wingide-users] Can't use custom font on OS X

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Sun Jun 1 21:02:05 MDT 2008

Pete wrote:
> I'm running the latest Wing on OS X.  I've installed the Terminus font
> [0] under OS X and it works fine.  In an X11 terminal, I can see the
> font using xlsfont.  However, it doesn't appear in Wing's preferences.
> Any ideas?

This may be due to where OS X puts the fonts and what font path GTK
is set up to use in Wing.  You may be able to edit the Fonts directory
list in bin/gtk-bin/etc/fonts/fonts.conf in your Wing install (inside
the .app bundle under Contents/MacOS).

I think GTK may crash on some OS X fonts, or at least used to, so you may
also want to just copy the font into one of the locations Wing's GTK is
already looking.

Hope this helps.