[wingide-users] Class and method menu

Luc Bourhis luc_j_bourhis at mac.com
Sun Jun 1 10:37:51 MDT 2008

On 16 Jul 2007, at 15:00, Wingware Support wrote:

> Luc Bourhis wrote:
>> If one wishes to go to method f of class C, one has to first select
>> C in the class menu and then f in the method menu. After using on a
>> more regular basis the XCode IDE, I fell in love with its providing
>> only one menu looking like:

>> [ class C
>> 	foo
>> 	bar
>> 	foobar
>>
>> def func
>>
>> class D
>> 	barfoo
>>
>> so basically mimicking the natural layout of functions, classes and
>> their methods. ]

> Yes, one menu probably would be better.
>
> Thanks for the suggestion,

I would still love to see that feature make its way into Wing. I have
got into the habit of having two editor areas side-by-side and even on
a large screen the current 3-menu system result in the rightmost one
(the class methods) to be too narrow. A 2-menu system with the files
in the leftmost one and the class and method in the rightmost one
would solve that problem.

Luc Bourhis