[wingide-users] Re: wingide-users Digest, Vol 51, Issue 25

Avner Ben avner at skilldesign.com
Tue Jul 29 14:18:24 MDT 2008

John wrote:

 >These are good ideas. My current thinking is to have a preference to
 >have the auto completer do more guessing and add things like these.
 >Right now, the completer is fairly conservative so it doesn't show
 >things that may be incorrect.

Consider also the Smalltalk convention for default argument names (which I use regularly, although it is not Pythonistic :-) ): "aWorksheet" for some object of type "Worksheet". When you meet an argument (or unassigned local) whose name begins with "a" (or "an" followed by vowel), strip the "a" (or "an") and see if you know this class. The notation is so obvious, that there is little chance for someone using it by mistake!

	Avner.