[wingide-users] Editors close when I open new files

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Tue Jul 15 08:22:21 MDT 2008

Marty Alchin wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> This is my first time on the list, and a quick search of the archive
> didn't turn up an answer, but I wasn't sure just what to look for. My
> problem is, when I'm trying to look at several different files, I can
> get two, sometimes three to open, then the editors start closing as I
> open new files.
>
> Am I missing some setting to turn this off? Are they in fact staying
> open somewhere I just can't find? I can't imagine this is the way it's
> supposed to behave, and I just can't figure out what I'm missing.

The preference you want is Editor / Advanced / Transient Threshold.
If you set it to some large number, then Wing won't auto-close any
visited files.  You can also click on the stick pin icon in upper
right of the editor area to change a transient file to non-transient,
and of course editing any file always changes it to non-transient.

The docs on this are here:

http://wingware.com/doc/edit/transient

Hope that helps.  Sorry about the confusion!