[wingide-users] Wing IDE Pro trace back error but not on Eclipse/Pydev

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Sun Jul 13 20:06:40 MDT 2008

Devl Infonews wrote:
> I am just learning Python and wxPython.  Meanwhile I am also trying out
> Wing IDE Pro and Eclipse/Pydev and running through some of the example
> off of Noel Rappin's book wxPython in Action.  The problem is I get the
> trace back error on Wing IDE but not on the Eclipse/Pydev IDE.
> The error occurs when I close the last window.  Wing points me to
> _windows.py on line 505.  The trace back message is:
>
> TypeError: in method 'new_Frame', expected argument 1 of type 'wxWindow *'
> "//usr/local/lib/wxPython-ansi-2.8.8.0/lib/python2.5/site-packages/wx-2.8-mac-ansi/wx/_windows.py",
> line 505, in __init__
>   _windows_.Frame_swiginit(self,_windows_.new_Frame(*args, **kwargs))
>
> Why does it occur on Wing and not on Eclipse/Pydev?  I would be very
> happy with Wing IDE If this is a wxPython error that it caught.

What happens if you select "Ignore this exception location" in the Exceptions tool
and continue debugging?  Does it work?

It may be that this is a real error that is somehow masked / swallowed normally --
that seems somewhat likely since the app is exiting anyway when you close the last
window and thus this may not normally be noticed.

You can remove the ignored exception entry again if needed using the Clear Ignored
Exceptions item in the Debug menu.

If this doesn't help, please let me know and we can try to take a closer look at
it.