[wingide-users] Django change breaks Wing IDE

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Sun Jul 13 18:59:57 MDT 2008

Kevin Cole wrote:
> I'm running Wing IDE Pro 3.1.2-1 (rev 18362) w/ Python 2.5.2
> (r252:60911) under Ubuntu Hardy Heron.
>
> The Django guys suggest keeping up with their SVN trunk.  So, that's
> what I've been using.  It seems a change at r7888 now causes Django to
> misfire when launched from Wing IDE.  Or so I theorize from the error
> below, and walking backwards through Django's changesets:
>
> http://code.djangoproject.com/changeset/7888
>
> Now, when I start the debugger as recommended in the Wing IDE Django Howto,
> I get:
>
> NameError: global name 'error' is not defined
> File ".../django/core/management/__init__.py" line 163 in _process_args
> raise error
>
> However, "python manage.py runserver" from the shell still works fine.
>
> Any thoughts on how to fix it?

Wing's debugger always reports NameErrors since they are usually bugs
(even if masked somehow).  You can either ignore the exception in the
Exceptions tool and continue debugging or you can go into Preferences
and remove NameError from the Debugger / Exceptions / Always Report
list.

Sorry for the confusion!