[wingide-users] Source Browser Question

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Fri Jul 11 13:55:09 MDT 2008

Tim Cook wrote:
> I know that the Source Browser and Source Assistant are connected but I
> can't figure out two things.
>
> If I select Source Browser - Browse Project (Modules or Classes), the
> Source Assistant works as expected.  But the Source Browser reports - No
> Symbols. The Source Browser works fine in Browse Current Module.

Have you added any files to your project?  The Browse Project * modes
will only show things in the project.

The source assistant will show information for the current selection,
whether that's in the editor (which is where I suspect you're selecting)
or in the source browser (obviously only when something is there to
select) or in the project (where it just shows the file-level docstring
if one is present).

I'm not sure I'm answered your question completely.  If not, please
let me know or if something is not working as I've described, please
send a bug report from Wing's help menu w/ error log included.