[wingide-users] Creating file sets

Danny Bloemendaal Danny.Bloemendaal at informaat.nl
Fri Jul 11 02:16:57 MDT 2008

Hi folks,

I have a question:

I'd like to create a file set so that I can do file searches only in
specific directories. So I went to the prefs and started a new set.
But I'm struggling with the Include and Exclude fields. I have a
folder with many directories in which only a few I'm interested in.
So, in Include I thought to add the directories I'm interested in like
'Start/FolderA*' and 'Start/FolderB*' and in Exlcude add 'Start/*' as
Wildcard on directories. And then do a search in the folder 'Start'.
But that doesn't work. How can I do this without having to explicitly
create exclude wildcards for every folder in 'Start' in which I don't
want to search? I was hoping that include wins over exclude (or maybe
configurable per set).   And it would also be nice to copy a set so
that you can make similar sets but for different folders (but with the
same excludes like *.pyc etc).

Regards,
Danny