[wingide-users] Mixing Test Types

Rex Turnbull rex at dicad.de
Tue Jul 8 04:06:02 MDT 2008

Wingware Support schrieb/wrote:
> Pete wrote:
>> Most of my tests are under nose, but I've got a few doctests as well,
>> in the main source file (ie, a file that doesn't match my test
>> glob).  How can I add these to the set of tests?
>>
>> Alternatively, is there a way of wrapping the doctests in a
>> nose-friendly way such that they can be debugged?
>
> Wing only pays attention to files for which there's an entry in the list
> of test file wild cards, but if you add one to match the main source file
> and then go into File Properties for that file and select doctest under
> the Testing tab, it should work.  The testing framework set in the
> Project-wide properties is the default but can be overridden in the
> per-file properties.
>
> Please let me know if that doesn't help.

Thanks for the hint about setting the test type.

I just happen to have a doctest with 17 examples. Sorting is,
unfortunately Ex #1, Ex #10, Ex #11, etc.
A nice enhancement would be that if more than 9 examples are in one
test, they could all be numbered using two digits (Ex #01, Ex #02, ...).
It's just nicer for the eye. (when more than 99, then number all with
three digits).

Rex