[wingide-users] whitespace handling

Michael P. Soulier michael_soulier at mitel.com
Thu Jul 3 11:00:39 MDT 2008

I noticed that when I use Wing on a project and then go to commit in
Git, one of its hooks complains that I have trailing whitespace. Sure
enough, when Wing auto-indents, it fills in with space to that point.

Is there a way to auto-trim trailing whitespace, especially from blank
lines, but in general? Vim certainly doesn't do this by default.

I also noticed that when I modified the last line in a file, diff
complained that the file did not end with a newline character.

Regards,
Mike
--
Michael P. Soulier <michael_soulier at mitel.com>, 613-592-2122 x2522