[wingide-users] vi paste behaviour

Max Slimmer max at theslimmers.net
Wed Jul 2 13:23:30 MDT 2008

In vi mode, if I yank one line, position cursor in middle of some other
line and p(aste), the data in the buffer is inserted after the current
line (this is expected). However if I have yanked 2 or more lines and do
the same thing the data from the yank buffer is inserted at the cursor,
not on following line. My expected behaviour is if the yank operation
was line oriented i.e. y2j then the next paste will be line oriented
where as if it was word/character based then the buffer is inserted at
the cursor.

Using 3.1.2-1 (rev 18365) on windows xp-pro.

I don't remember this happening in 3.1.1.