[wingide-users] auto complete feature sug

Pete pfein at pobox.com
Wed Jan 30 14:37:11 MST 2008

On Wednesday January 30 2008 3:08:52 pm Wingware Support wrote:
> Hamish McKenzie wrote:
> > it would be neat if the auto complete did suggestions for class
> > "special" functions.  so if I'm writing a new class and want to add a
> > __add__ operator overload method, it would come up in the auto complete
> > list as I start typing.
> >
> > would be helpful to the memory impaired like me, and would also help
> > make the special functions more discoverable.  :)
>
> It's certainly possible and it's on our list of potential things to add.
>
> A related thing would be to show inherited method names in this context
> for those who aren't at this point complete devotees to duck typing.

And, furthermore, method completion for super(Foo, self).  Yes, I know super()
returns a super-object which has its own methods (just __init__, IIRC, which
is what wing shows), but 99.9% of the time, you're using it for an upcall and
need a method of the parent classes.

Peter Fein   ||   773-575-0694   ||   pfein at pobox.com
http://www.pobox.com/~pfein/   ||   PGP: 0xCCF6AE6B
irc: pfein at freenode.net   ||   jabber: peter.fein at gmail.com