[wingide-users] The 'Add Directory' browse box

Michael Hipp Michael at Hipp.com
Wed Jan 30 09:46:21 MST 2008

Michael Hipp wrote:
> Wingware Support wrote:
>> Michael Hipp wrote:
>>> Note that the directory in the Add Directory dialog is correct and
>>> changes according to the preference. It's where the Browse button
>>> takes me to that is failing consistently.
>>
>> Ah, I misunderstood your original report.  Is the directory that's shown
>> in the Add Directory dialog valid and existing?  Also, does its name
>> contain any non-ascii characters?
>>
>> Also, what version of Wing are you using?  If not 3.0.3, it's worth
>> trying to upgrade.
>>
>> It should work (and does in general), so the question is why it's
>> failing in this case.
>
> The directory listed in the Add Directory dialog is spot on. I can
> "navigate" in the text field and it does a nice job of autocompletion.
> The problem is when I hit the Browse button.
>
> New data: I'm now on my WinXP Pro laptop and the problem does not exist.
> The Browse brings me right to the project directory as expected.
>
> The system I was seeing the problem on is a W2k Pro system.
>
> Both are using fresh downloads of 3.03-1.
>
>> Submitting a bug report from the help menu w/ error log included could
>> potentially show us something as well...
>
> As soon as I get back to the failing system I'll send the report.

Today I am on a *different* W2k Pro system and it shows the same (wrong)
behavior whereas my one WinXP Pro system works correctly. So it may be a
problem specific to W2k. I submitted an error log a few minutes ago.

Thanks,
Michael