[wingide-users] Strip trailing whitespace?

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Wed Jan 30 09:17:35 MST 2008

Rex Turnbull wrote:
> Is there a setting for removing trailing whitespace at save?
>
> Possible solution hint:
> I recall that WingIDE uses the Scintilla for its editor window. In
> SciTEGlobal.properties I have set "strip.trailing.spaces=1" Would there
> possibly be a configuration file for setting this in/for Wing IDE?
> (though I would prefer having a spot to set this in the Edit -
> Preferences dialog).

You can bind a key bindings to the command rstrip-each-line or look
in scripts/editor_extensions.py where there is a disable add-on script
near the end of the file that does this automatically before saving
files.

The remove-trailing-whitespace command Encolpe mentioned was probably
a custom-written script; at least there's no script or command of that
name in Wing by default.