[wingide-users] Re: wingide-users Digest, Vol 45, Issue 14

Avner Ben avner at skilldesign.com
Wed Jan 30 04:03:25 MST 2008

> Message: 4
> Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 23:00:03 +0100
> From: Torsten Marek <shlomme at gmx.net>
> Subject: [wingide-users] Argument list issues
> To: wingide-users at wingware.com
>
> Hi,
>
> two very minor issues with the static code analyzer:
> * and ** arguments are not recognized as lists/dicts and therefore lack
> autocompletion.

Additional problems:
(1) Named invocation argument-values are not auto-completed, as in
"parent=parent", where "parent" is a variable declared above.
(2) The "else" side of ternary if (as in "pos = x if isVisibile() else
y") is not auto-completed (however, the "if" side is).
Apparently, Wing seems to dislike the ternary if notation - it gives a
"syntax error" tool-tip when you place the cursor anywhere on it.
Apropos auto-completion: There was a long thread in this respectable
forum sometime ago on the subject, featuring such ideas as (1)
organizing the suggestions by local/self/global/language categories,
possibly configurable, and (2) restricting selection to object type, as
in "raise" [exception-types-only], which you promised to consider. Any
work done?
Also, you promised me long ago to look at the little annoyance of
dragging from the editor window to the "debug probe" tool ending with
text being moved (instead of copied). Remember?

    Avner.