[wingide-users] The 'Add Directory' browse box

Michael Hipp Michael at Hipp.com
Tue Jan 29 19:23:34 MST 2008

Wingware Support wrote:
> Michael Hipp wrote:
>> Note that the directory in the Add Directory dialog is correct and
>> changes according to the preference. It's where the Browse button
>> takes me to that is failing consistently.
>
> Ah, I misunderstood your original report.  Is the directory that's shown
> in the Add Directory dialog valid and existing?  Also, does its name
> contain any non-ascii characters?
>
> Also, what version of Wing are you using?  If not 3.0.3, it's worth
> trying to upgrade.
>
> It should work (and does in general), so the question is why it's
> failing in this case.

The directory listed in the Add Directory dialog is spot on. I can "navigate"
in the text field and it does a nice job of autocompletion. The problem is
when I hit the Browse button.

New data: I'm now on my WinXP Pro laptop and the problem does not exist. The
Browse brings me right to the project directory as expected.

The system I was seeing the problem on is a W2k Pro system.

Both are using fresh downloads of 3.03-1.

> Submitting a bug report from the help menu w/ error log included could
> potentially show us something as well...

As soon as I get back to the failing system I'll send the report.

Thanks,
Michael