[wingide-users] The 'Add Directory' browse box

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Tue Jan 29 17:50:00 MST 2008

Michael Hipp wrote:
> Note that the directory in the Add Directory dialog is correct and
> changes according to the preference. It's where the Browse button takes
> me to that is failing consistently.

Ah, I misunderstood your original report.  Is the directory that's shown
in the Add Directory dialog valid and existing?  Also, does its name
contain any non-ascii characters?

Also, what version of Wing are you using?  If not 3.0.3, it's worth
trying to upgrade.

It should work (and does in general), so the question is why it's
failing in this case.

Submitting a bug report from the help menu w/ error log included could
potentially show us something as well...