[wingide-users] The 'Add Directory' browse box

Michael Hipp Michael at Hipp.com
Tue Jan 29 14:03:12 MST 2008

Wingware Support wrote:
> Michael Hipp wrote:
>>> What is your Files / Default Directory Policy set to?  It may be that
>>> altering that will get you what you're looking for.
>>
>> It's set to 'Base on the Current File or Selection'.
>
> Does the starting directory in the dialog seem to change if you
> select different files in the editor, or select one or another
> item on the project view?
>
> I'm trying to determine if it's always falling down or only in
> certain cases, and if so which cases.

I tried every option in the Files / Default Directory preference. The
behavior does not seem to change.

It doesn't seem to make any difference which file is selected in the
editor at the time.

So I'd say it's always falling down.

Note that the directory in the Add Directory dialog is correct and
changes according to the preference. It's where the Browse button takes
me to that is failing consistently.

In my previous message I said it was taking me to the Desktop, actually
it's taking me to the tree where it shows Desktop with My Documents, My
Computer, and Network Places listed below it as well as all the junk on
my desktop. The My Documents entry is the one that's highlighted.

I'll send a screenshot if it would help.

>> I don't know what "right click on the project" means.
>
> Right-click on the project view -- if you have only one mouse
> button it would depend on whether and how you've got multi-button
> emulation set up (could be ctrl-click or similar).  When you
> right-click on many areas in the IDE you get a popup menu with
> context-appropriate options.

Right clicking in the vertical toolbar (which I've moved to the left
side of the screen) with a list of all my project files and directories
and clicking on Add Directory seems to give the exact same behavior.

Thanks,
Michael