[wingide-users] The 'Add Directory' browse box

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Tue Jan 29 10:41:00 MST 2008

Tom Stambaugh wrote:
> While we're at it, can we be SURE that the cached directory in the "search
> in files" box moves with the project?
>
> I sometimes need to work on several versions of the same project -- such as
> fixing a minor bug in a live site, while also working on a major new release
> of the same site. I generally keep these in two separate directory
> hierarchies, each with their own project file.
>
> I think (though I'm not totally sure) that when I close one project and then
> open another, the default directory of the "search in files" tab fails to
> change along with everything else. The result is that I inadvertently find
> myself searching in and sometimes even editing the *wrong* project -- a bad
> thing.

It should definately be setting the search scope as part of the visual state
that's stored in the project.  I rely on that heavily all the time...

If it's failing, can you send us a bug report from Wing's help menu with the
error log included immediately after you reproduce the problem (so the
relevant log will not be truncated).