[wingide-users] The 'Add Directory' browse box

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Tue Jan 29 10:37:30 MST 2008

Michael Hipp wrote:
> This is a small nit, but an annoying one...
>
> Project -> Add Directory  click 'Browse'
>
> I expected it to start the browsing at my project directory (preferred)
> or at the directory of the last edited file (2nd choice).
>
> Instead it starts me out at the "Windows root" which is oddly "Desktop"
> and from there takes a ridiculous number of clicks and scrolling just to
> get to anywhere on my C: drive.
>
> Could we add this to the "Fix it so the complainers will shut up" list? ;-)

What is your Files / Default Directory Policy set to?  It may be that
altering that will get you what you're looking for.  Also, right clicking
on the project and selecting Add Directory should start from the selected
directory, so is sometimes a good way to go.

If that doesn't solve it, please let me know.