[wingide-users] Continuing Issues with Wingware-Personal on Ubuntu71

Kiran aws.python.enthusiast at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 18:49:30 MST 2008

I am having a very strange experience with WingIDE-Personal-3.0.3 on
Ubuntu-71 (amd-64bit) running as a VM on a Dell Dimension E521 with
WindowsXP as the host OS.

Once I got it running using the ia-32 compatibility libraries, things worked
well for a while

Now when I startup WingIDE, the splash screen appears and then disappears
with WingIDE not even starting.

This is more pain than is worth.  Is the issue with WingIDE or is it
Ubuntu71 in the 64 bit variant?

Anyone else have this issue

Puzzled!
Kiran