[wingide-users] Argument list issues

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Tue Jan 22 18:00:18 MST 2008

Torsten Marek wrote:
> two very minor issues with the static code analyzer:
> * and ** arguments are not recognized as lists/dicts and therefore lack
> autocompletion.

Yes, this is a missing inference case.  I've added it to our list
of things we should add to the analysis engine.  I'm hoping we can
make a number of fixes there before too long -- though it's code that
is necessarily complex and compute intensive so not easy to simply
add cases w/o potentially causing problems (in other words, it'll
be in a major release where there's alpha/beta time to deal w/ problems).

> Is there any bugtracking system for WingIDE except the mailing list?

We accept bug reports here or directly to support at wingware.com (which
is better if it's not likely to be of much interest to the users in
general or you need to send something privately).

We don't have a public bug tracker, mainly because we prefer to hear
directly from people.  We've found this helps us determine which are
the most important things to fix, which has helped us keep quality
higher.  I suspect we actually don't spend more time on support than
we would managing a bug tracker -- we just tend to fix the things
that cause a need for support in the first place.

That is not to say I haven't many times been on the verge of setting
up a public bug tracker, but for the moment I think Wing is (probably)
better off without it.