[wingide-users] Problem With Psyco

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Mon Jan 21 17:55:36 MST 2008

Arash Arfaee wrote:
> I am trying to use psyco with wingide on mac. when I open Mac Python
> shell I can import psyco, but not inside the wingide. even python
> shell on wingide cannot import psyco. Can anybody help me to solve
> this problem?

I suspect Wing is finding a different Python installation than you
want or expect it to.  In Project Properties, you can set Python
Executable to change this.

On the Mac in general, it seems this is often necessary (I plan to
try to look into this soon so Wing finds the expected Python more
often).

Note, BTW, that running in the debugger w/ psyco may skip breakpoints
in optimized code, or may not work at all.

Hope that's helpful.