[wingide-users] Tooltip colors w/ light-on-dark color theme

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Thu Jan 17 14:05:47 MST 2008

Pete wrote:
> I'm using a light-on-dark color theme.  After some fiddling, things look
> mostly ok.  However, tooltips (the little mouseover boxes that pop up all
> over the place, not just on the toolbar) are still illegible, since they use
> a light yellow background (#ffffdd I'd guess) which doesn't work with my
> white foreground text.
>
> Which Document Text Style controls this?

I think it's controlled by the overall GTK theme.  Which one are you using?
There's one called Black-Background that seems to correctly set the background
of the tooltips.  We may need to fiddle with this when only the editor background
color is changed and not the whole theme.  Or is it that you're using the
Windows default theme and the colors are coming in through that?