[wingide-users] problem using package appscript

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Thu Jan 17 10:20:24 MST 2008

David Person wrote:
> I have Wing v3.0.2-1. Today I installed the appscript package
> (http://appscript.sourceforge.net/)
>
> A basic sample of code is:
>
> from appscript import *
> a=app('textedit')
>
> When I type 'ap' in app (ie, as soon as it starts auto-complete on the
> function 'app'), the machine slows to a crawl.

This is a known problem caused by our introspection code interacting
with this particular object's __getattr__ implementation.  We're working
on it but it's hard to fix so is taking some time to get right without
breaking other things.

For now, the only solution is to disable completion entirely, so it's
a high priority item for us to fix.

Thanks for the bug report, and sorry for the problems!