[wingide-users] Anyone using Wing to write Django code

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Thu Jan 17 08:36:08 MST 2008

Yarko T wrote:
> runserver --noreload --settings=mysite.settings

Does it work if you just omit the --settings part?

runserver --noreload

> I can go to FireFox and get the page;
> I can go to WindIDE and "Pause" - and when I try reload the page in
> FireFox,
> WingIDE has me in socket.py class _fileobject's  __init__ code....
> cool....

Worth checking also if breakpoints work, particularly since the
--settings=devsettings thing was according to one user a fix for
not being able to stop on breakpoints.  I (mis?)understood
'devsettings' to be literally what should be passed, and I'm
fairly sure it worked for me, but it's entirely possible this
stuff is changing w/ new Django versions.

In any case, thanks for posting the details.  I'll try to further
clarify the How-To.