[wingide-users] three feature suggestions

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Sat Jan 12 10:19:06 MST 2008

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestions, which are all good ideas.  Let me just
briefly comment on them:

> 1. Have a document tab that contains a web browser.

This is something we'd like to do but suspect it is difficult to do and
even more difficult to do cross-platform.  There is an mozilla embedding
widget for gtk, but I've only seen occasional reports of people trying
it on win32 and I foresee a number of problems on OS X.  There's also a
potential question of mozilla versions.

That said, more and more functionality is being provided through web
pages and it would be very nice to have a builtin web browser.

> 2. Associate the search in files tool with a particular editor split
> window.

This is a good idea and is possibly done through expanding split reuse
preference.

> 3. Finally full blown trac integration - whatever that might look like.

This might be done through a general bug tracking tool that can work
with trac.  A bug tracking tool is something we'd like to implement, but
isn't in our near term plans.

Cheers,