[wingide-users] Anyone using Wing to write Django code

Jacob Lundqvist jacob.lundqvist at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 13:11:36 MST 2008

11 jan 2008 kl. 16.31 skrev Wingware Support:

> Michael Hipp wrote:
>> Anyone here using Wing to write and debug Django framework code?
>> Any special tricks or gotchas?
>> I've been using Wing for a while but just getting started with
>> Django.
>
> Some tips are collected here:
>
> http://wingware.com/doc/howtos/django

There is another method, wich at least I find more convinient, keeping
the django reload-on-save magic.

What I do is to put a link to wingdbstub.py in my top django dir
(where manage.py is located)

ln -s /usr/lib/wingide3.0/wingdbstub.py

you could off course copy wingdbstub.py to this place, but then you
have to copy it again each time wing is updated, sucks especially
during beta periods ;)

Next make sure you have enabled passive listen (the little bugg in
bottom left)

Then in your code just put a:  import wingdbstub
in files you want do debug and set breakpoints as usual

This way if you change something, just save - django restarts and
reguest the page in your browser again.

   regards /Jacob Lundqvist