[wingide-users] Completion broken for Eggs?

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Fri Jan 11 08:44:34 MST 2008

Pete wrote:
> I've got a number of packages installed as unzipped eggs via easy_install
> (part of setuptools).  Wing doesn't seem to be able to do completion on
> these.  Is this a known problem?

Yes, it's a question of mirroring the setuptools magic name space merging
in our source analyser.  We already have code for that for Zope2 (which does
the same sort of thing), but need to add the setuptools-specific automagical
config detection part.

It's a bit sad to see setuptools do what Zope seems to have learned _not_
to do between Zope2 and Zope3 but OTOH it's not entirely nonsensical by
any means.

Fixing this is quite high on our priority list.